Skip to main content

DIY double pen loop

Hello!
The first thing I regretted when my Traveler's notebook arrived was that I didn't order a pen holder. But then again using a travelers notebook involves a bit of DIY so I made my own pen loop, while I made it I took some pictures so now I like to share how to make a real easy double pen loop for the traveler's notebook.  I use the passport size but it can just as easy be made to fit the standard size.
Stuff you need
You need the following :

  1. A piece of card stock
  2. A stapler
  3. A piece of elastic
  4. A pair of scissors
  5. A ruler

Messure the card stock
You measure the card stock so that it will be a little longer than the short string of your travelers notebook and a little wider than the whole width of the cover. Then you cut it.
Make two cut outs
Fold your piece of card stock in two and make two cut outs so that it will fit under the short string .
Fasten under short string
Fasten the card under the short string. Now it sits securly.
Card stock and inserts 
Add the inserts you want to use and close the travelers notebook.
Adjust the width

Cut of the card stock that is sticking out so that it matches the inserts you are using.
Elastic for pen loops
Cut two pieces of elastic to the length that fit the pens you want to use.
Stapler
Staple the elastics to the card stock. I put them a bit above the center so they don't interfere with the cover string.
Double pen loop
Now you have a double pen loop for your travelers notebook. And it is easy to remove and put back.
Have a nice day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning

 I have a friend who is allways interested in new analog trends, it can be mechanichal watches, analog photography, vinyl records and such things. Recently he sugested using old fashioned paper planner and that actually appealed to me a lot!  I have allways been fond of writing with good pens and fountain pens and I have a stack of notebooks I use for different purposes.  Anyway, my friends sugestion got me thinking and I said to myself: Hey, why don't you dig up your old filofax and use that? Said and done, after som digging I found it, an old pocket size black leather filofax. Pocket size filofax  The trouble with my filofax was that it has the old 4-ring mechanism and that means I can't buy any new refills... 4-ring mechanism (you can see it was last in use year 2000...) If you are interested why here is an interesting article . That meant I had to continue my search and I found the interesting article in NYT written by Kristin Wong . Among other things she men

Make your own inserts, its fun!

Hello! Can you belive it? I live in Swedens largest town but no one here sells traveler's notebooks or inserts?? Well its true so I decided to try some DIY and see how difficult it could be to make some inserts myself. Turns out it was easy, inexpensive and fun! I know there is tons of tutorials on internet but I wanted to share anyway  (a bit proud that I could make them...). Paper, ruler, knife and stapler I took 16 sheets of A4 paper and one sheet of cardstock. stapled them together in the middle with a smart yet inexpensive booklet stapler I found. Booklet stapler I measure the hight of the insert and draw a line where I want to  cut. Ruler I use a clamp to make sure the ruler dont move and then i cut with a sharp carpet knife. Dont cut straight thru, cut many times until you are thru all the sheets. When you finnished cutting you have space to put in one more staple. Clamp and plexiglass Now you fold the insert. I use a thick piece of plexig